BOSS Audio Systems BAB8 Amplified Car Subwoofer
- Space Saver – The combination of amplifier and subwoofer all into one, makes this ideal for spatially challenged vehicles. With a slim design, there are a few installation options. Embrace the Bass.
- Built-in Amplifier – A built-in 800 Max watt amplifier powers the subwoofer
- Pulse Width Modulated – This design controls the output voltage and current precisely by not only removing the output current sensing loss, but also eliminating all secondary feedback circuitry. It increases efficiency, is lighter, smaller reliable
- Variable Low-Pass Filter – A low-pass filter is an electronic circuit that removes all the notes below the filter’s frequency setting. You will use the Low-pass filter to primarily keep high notes out of your subwoofer(s)
- High Level Input – Speaker level inputs are commonly referred to as high-level inputs. It will be used to connect the BAB8 to your factory radio or an aftermarket radio that does not have low-level (RCA) inputs
- Low Level Input – Line level inputs, also known as RCA inputs or low-level inputs, use RCA interconnect cables to link the BAB8 with the source unit. Most aftermarket radios have multiple pairs of RCA outputs that can connect to multiple amplifiers
- Variable Bass Boost – Variable Bass Boost allows you to adjust the low bass within the boost range to just the way you like it.
Break Your Subwoofer In
Much like the engine of a new automobile, a new subwoofer must go through a short but important process of “break-in” before it is run under harsh conditions. The “break-in” process will ensure the subwoofer is able to perform as it has been designed to. This process involves subjecting the subwoofer to no more than low-to-medium volume levels for a number of hours in the enclosure. 3-4 hours is generally sufficient for the subwoofer’s suspension to loosen enough to prevent the voice coil(s) from overheating and causing failure. The break-in period is also effective in extending subwoofer life. Over-driving the woofer before it has been properly broken-in will usually result in premature failure and poor performance.
- 8-inch 800-Watt subwoofer
- Class A/B built-in amplifier
- MOSFET power supply
- RCA & speaker level input
- Phase control
- Bass boost
- Low pass filter
- Remote subwoofer control
Amplified Space Saver
A built-in amplifier powers the 8-inch subwoofer. No need to have a subwoofer housed in a box AND a separate amplifier. If you have a small cabin to work with, the BAB8 will provide the rich bass that every sound system cannot do without.
Remote Subwoofer Control
A wired remote subwoofer control at your fingertips gives you control, so when the need hits… so does your BASS